by registration is granted directly in Tanzania to any female applicant
who is married to a Tanzanian, no matter whether she is from a
Commonwealth or non-Commonwealth country. Any citizen of a Commonwealth
country may also apply for citizenship by registration. People from
non-Commonwealth countries may also apply for citizenship. In order for
citizenship to be granted, applicants must meet the following
- Has legally lived in the country for no less than five years continuously.
- Able to speak Kiswahili and/or English fluently.
- Well behavedi.e.not found engaging in criminal behaviour.
- Make an oath denouncing his or her previous citizenship.
- Promise to be a good citizen and to be loyal to the constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania.