Drivers Jobs at Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply
Other Shinyanga District Shinyanga
Daily News 18/12/2017
Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KASHWASA) is a fully autonomous public utility established in accordance with the Waterworks Act (Cap. 272), which has been repealed and replaced by the Water Supply and Sanitation Act, 2009. The Authority operates a Water Supply Scheme from the Lake Victoria and supplies bulk water to other water utilities in both urban and rural areas, as per Government Notice No. 45 of 23rd February 2007. Currently, KASHWASA supplies bulk water to Shinyanqa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, Kahama Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, Ngudu Urban Wate Supply and Sanitation Authority, Maganzo Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, Kishapu Water Supply and Sanitation Authority and Water Committees in 62 villages located in Misungwi, Kwimba, Shinyanga, Kahama, Kishapu and Msalala Districts. KASHWASA is currently implementing a project to expand the water transmission pipe line to Tabora Municipality and small towns of Igunga, Nzega, Kagongwa, Isaka and Tinde.
KASHWASA wishes to recruit competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts: –
Title of the Post: Driver II
Number of Posts: One (1) Reporting to: Transport Officer
Duty station: Head Office in Shinyanga Municipality
Terms of Service: Unspecified Period
i. Holder of an Ordinary Secondary Education Certificate with clean and valid Class C Driving License.
ii. VIP Drivers Certificate and experience in operating heavy duty plant is an added advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
i. Driving properly any type of vehicle assigned to him/her
ii. Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is always clean, in good running condition and is parking in a safe place.
iii. Attend minor mechanical faults.
iv. Undertaking routine checks on the vehicle to ensure that it is serviceable
v. Reporting promptly any detected fault or defect on the motor vehicle.
vi. Sending the vehicle for service when due.
vii. Advising on fuel consumption rates.
viii. Maintaining vehicle logbook accurately and timely.
ix. Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Transport Officer.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: –
• Not above 45 years for all posts.
• Applicants must attach up-to-date Curriculum vitae having reliable contacts: postal addresses e-mail and telephone numbers.
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate
All posts carry attractive remuneration and fringe benefits, according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service.
• High level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility.
• Team player with the ability to work independently.
• Self motivated, able to remain calm under pressure.
• Committed to deliver work of high standards.
Apply for this job
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications in their own handwriting together with copies of their certificates, a fully typed and signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and addresses of at least three (3) professional referees to the following: –
Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 1246,
Twenty-One (21) days after the first appearance of this advertisement in newspapers.
• All educational/professional certificates must be from accredited institutions which are recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE), the National Examinations Council of Tanzania or other relevant bodies.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• The Authority’s employment policy is not gender-biased. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply.