Job Opportunity at PATH, TB/HIV Technical Officer
TB/HIV Technical Officer
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Challenge TB is a USAID-funded program that aims to prevent the transmission and disease progression of tuberculosis (TB), improve patients’ access to TB care services, and strengthen TB platforms. PATH is part of a consortium, led by KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV), implementing the Challenge TB project.
PATH seeks to recruit a TB/HIV Technical Officer, who will ensure close coordination and collaboration between TB and HIV stakeholders following a patient-centered, TB/HIV care model (“one-stop shop” for TB and HIV services) and also carry out technical supervisory visits to project-supported regions/districts and provide needed assistance to all levels. This position is based in Dar es Salaam.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Ensure close coordination and collaboration between TB and HIV stakeholders following a patient-centered, TB/HIV care model (“one-stop shop” for TB and HIV services).
• Support implementation of the TB/HIV ‘’one-stop-shop’’ model.
• Strengthen TB/HIV coordination and collaboration among national-, regional-, and district-level staff.
• Build capacity of regional and district staff in TB/HIV management and provide technical assistance during TB/HIV training activities.
• Monitor the performance of health facilities and districts, and provide mentoring, technical assistance, and other support as needed to improve quality of services provided.
• Support routine use of data at regional and district meetings for TB/HIV collaborative activities.
• Contribute inputs related to TB/HIV activities, and assist with the review of annual work plans, project reporting and deliverables, and budgets.
• Carry out technical supervisory visits to project-supported regions/districts and provide needed assistance to all levels.
• Represent Challenge TB in technical TB/HIV-related working groups and in meetings with other partners.
• As relevant, work with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) and other stakeholders to harmonize and integrate policies and training packages into one comprehensive package.
• Collaborate with Challenge TB and PATH staff to develop journal articles, publications, and presentations.
• Degree in Medicine or Masters’ Degree in Public Health.
• Minimum of five years of experience in TB and TB/HIV control, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of clinical and programmatic aspects of TB control and TB/HIV integration issues.
• Ability to facilitate trainings and build capacity in areas related to TB and TB/HIV co-infection interventions.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage project/deliverable schedules with excellent attention to detail.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills to facilitate relations with government entities and local implementing partners.
• Excellent written and oral communications in English and Kiswahili required.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural work environment.
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent organization, planning, negotiating and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with USAID projects and working with international organizations is preferred.
• Ability to travel within Tanzania up to 30% of the time.
You must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania
Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type Full-Time/Regular