Job Opportunity at Milvik, Busines Unit Manager
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Milvik is the leading provider of mobile delivered insurance and health services in emerging markets. We offer simple and affordable life, accident and health insurance services.
We developed an industry leading pay-as-you-go (‘PAYG’) insurance product that is the first of its kind in most markets. A large part of our business is driven by partnerships but we are rapidly expanding our BIMA-branded portfolio, in which we sell products directly to consumers.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; defining user requirements; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
• Maintains and improves call center operations by overseeing sales, customer experience, claims along with monitoring system performance by identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
• Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Maintains equipment by evaluating and installing equipment; developing preventive maintenance programs; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in telemarketing or an outbound call center environment
• Previous Sales experience is an added advantage
• One should be able to take ownership, be accountable and able to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication, management, interpersonal and leadership skills required
• Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet quotas and guide team
• Preferably someone from Zanzibar
Apply for this job
All applications should be addressed and sent to the undersigned either by email via
Or by postal mail not later than 12th January 2018.
Milvik Tanzania Limited,
P.O. Box 31308
Mikocheni phase II, Kiko Avenue (White Star Complex)
Dar es Salaam