Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
The Technical Operations Department aims to serve Mobisol customers with the best technical products. The Refurbishment Technician is responsible for the timely assembly and quality assurance of Mobisol products as well as refurbishments, testing and categorization of broken or repossessed systems and appliances returning from the field. Additionally, the Refurbishment Technician is in charge of re-assembling tested items.
• Assemble new Mobisol products according to Mobisol’s assembling procedures and guidelines
• Clean and test all re-possessed or broken system parts, for example batteries and panels
• Categorize and properly document all the tested repossessed parts to ensure data accuracy (physical and in the Mobisol Database)
• Check the quality of all refurbished components according to Mobisol’s latest technical standards and requirements
• Issue a 1-month inventory (cycle count) status of tools to the Refurbishment Supervisor
• Achieve targeted weekly, monthly and quarterly refurbishment requirements in terms of assembling new systems and refurbished items
• Take care of repossessed and returned systems and appliances
• Manage and monitor the performance of the testing tools
• University degree or Diploma in Renewables, Electronics or Electrical Engineering or similar fields
• ≥1 year of working experience in technical roles related to Mobisol Refurbishment Operations (solar technology, battery technology, test equipment, solar panels)
• Hands-on experience in accurate soldering is a plus
• Experience with operational improvement techniques (Kaizen and 5S, 6 Sigma, etc.) is a plus
• Conversant in English and Swahili
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity, disability, religion, or beliefs.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking the “Apply” button belo
TO APPLY CLICK HERE