MANAGER LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT,.
TIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects with a development focus towards
the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025.The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the
development of industries, infrastructure, services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites
applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
1. MANAGER LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to Director of Funds Mobilization. He/She is responsible to ensure that there are enough funds available in the bank to meet
the day to day payments including, disbursement of loans and repayment of maturing obligations of borrowed funds.
1. Prepare the cash flow statements on daily basis and ensure that there is enough cash for meeting the maturing obligations.
2. Participate in the establishment and maintenance of short/medium/long-term liquidity availability
3. Participate all aspects of investment portfolio and investment strategies
4. To take part in the development and monitoring of Liquidity operations policies, activities and processes
5. Participate in the monitoring of local and international markets to ensure smart investment decisions
6. Maintain a close relationship with the operational back-office which handles the day-to-day payment and recon activities.
7. Participate in identifying and pursuing business opportunities for investment and profit generation
8. Ensure prompt and accurate preparation of all relevant reports required;
9. Give prompt attention to breaches of limits and guidelines
10. Take part in implementing procedures and controls to ensure compliance with the country’s treasury regulations, policies and procedures
11. Participate in reviewing and recommending changes on investment policies based on market conditions
12. Maintain good working relationships with other divisions, departments and units as well as external stakeholders
13. Ensure compliance of all regulatory limits e.g. Placement, NOP etc
14. Up to date on best practice and regulatory changes e.g Basel III
15. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
1. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Banking or related discipline
2. Possessions of Master’s Degree will be of added advantage
3. Possession of Certified Professional Accountant (CPA), Registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) will be of added
4. Treasury dealing qualifications.
5. Minimum of eight (8 years) working experience of which 4 must be in the same post in banking/financial institution
6. Strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
8. Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
9. Must be computer literate.
1. Ability to interpret Central Bank Policies on Financial Regulations
2. Knowledge of treasury banking products
3. Ability to monitor financial markets and interpret developments in terms of the bank’s business.
4. Ability to trade profitably in financial markets
5. Ability to undertake all treasury-dealing activities.