Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) Background
Women Fund Tanzania – “Empowering Local Women Heroes” (WFT) is an upcoming women’s rights fund in Tanzania. As a Grant Maker, WFT provides a funding mechanism which aims at enhancing the voice and visibility of women’s rights organizations through grant making and capacity strengthening with the aim of facilitating women’s rights actors at different levels in the country to realize their full potential for empowerment, access to rights and women’s movement building in the country.
WFT, which was registered as N,on-profit making organization in the country in year 2008, intends to employ a competent and qualified person as a Assistant Finance Officer in line with WFT growth prospects.
Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer
Reports to: Head of Department
Job Location: Dar-es-Salaam
. To provide financial and administrative support to WFT Board, staff, partners and sub grantees
Ensuring all WFT Financial transactions are recorded timely, completely and correctly into the finance accounting systems. Keeping all files and records updated and organized to ensure documents are easy traceable. Ensuring that all transactions are in line with the organizations Charts of Accounts, Advising the Head of Finance and Administration in all matters regarding to finances for WFT.
• Maintain the files for all WFT legal and tax documents, correspondence
• Record transactions in accordance with the approved guidelines, budgets, supporting documents to the proper accounting codes on a daily basis;
• Make only approved payments and ensure that proper documents are attached to the payment vouchers;
• Record and update the fixed asset register;
• Reconcile bank statements per donor bank accounts;
• Follow up with bankers to ensure timely and correct bank transfers;
• Obtain & file acknowledgement receipts of funds;
• Manage petty cash and issue petty cash Certificate on monthly basis
• Prepare donor financial reports and WFT financial reports
• Support WFT staff and Partners in adhering to policies and financial management requirements; -• Record and manage imprest as per the WFT guidelines;
• Record and manage the grant disbursement and report grant status on a monthly basis;
• Ensure an efficient and pleasant office working environment;
• To assist the Head of Finance and Administration with matters relating to accounts, internal and External audits.
• To participate in Performance Management reviews annually.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential;
• Execute any other tasks as required by the Head of Department and Executive Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the tasks and responsibilities of WFT.
Qualifications and experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Business Administration;
• At least 3 years working experience with an NGO, knowledge on Donor reporting and compliances, preferably within a grant making organisation
• Knowledge of Pastel accounting is added advantage
• PC proficiency and good knowledge of using MS Word and Excel;
• Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively both orally and in writing;
• A person with good interpersonal skills
• A person with high integrity and pay attention to details
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and personal initiative
How to apply
The interested part may apply by sending resume and cover letter through the firstname.lastname@example.org or the physical address provided below. By 28th February 2018. If you won’t hear from us within seven days from the deadline please count that, your application has not been successful.
Women Fund Tanzania (WFT),
Dar es Salaam
+255 753 912 130
Source: The Guardian 20 February, 2018
Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) Background