ROLE TYPE: Permanent or Fixed Term
REPORTING TO: Chief Management Advisor, Camara Education Tanzania
LOCATION: Camara Education Tanzania, House #20, Plot 59, Ursino Street, Mikocheni, D
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overview of Role:
Established in 2005 Camara Education is an international educational organisation dedicated to delivering real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering a young generation to improve their own life opportunities.
We do this by designing innovative technology based solutions that focus on real educational needs and delivered through a sustainable social enterprise model. Education system change is the cornerstone of this approach.
We achieve this by working with government agencies, education organisations, schools, and youth centres.
Our services are delivered through a network of local hubs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Tanzania, Zambia and Ireland. Each country’s education system has unique needs that are met by our local education hubs and teams. Our activity is both supported and made possible by our funded programmes and the contributions of all our partners.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial leadership for the Camara Education Tanzania hub. The role will be responsible for the financial management, control and oversight for all the hub activities.
● Work with the operations team to ensure that all income and expenditure is recorded accurately
● Ensure that invoices are raised on a timely basis and that debtors are reviewed and followed up
● Manage the inventory reconciliation
● Ensure monthly meetings with account managers and provide them with detailed financial reporting
● Where there are donor funded projects, ensure that donor reporting is accurate and timely.
● As new opportunities arise, develop the budget for the opportunity and support the Country Manager to achieve value for money
● Support the Country Manager to achieve financial sustainability
● Ensure that all tax and regulatory requirements are met for Camara Education Tanzania
● Maintain suitable insurance policies
● Prepare monthly management accounts from trial balance in an agreed format for management and Camara Education Limited review
● Maintain a cashflow forecast
● Maintain balance sheet reconciliations and ensure any reconciling items are followed up
● Support the Country Manager to develop the annual budget for the hub
● Prepare the annual financial statements for the hub
● Be the lead in annual audit process, ensuring that deadlines are met and that all feedback from the auditors is taken on board
● Ensure that the finance manual is embedded
● Ensure that there is a strong internal control environment in the hub
● Make recommendations to improvements in the systems
● Deliver training to staff in the hub to enable better financial control
● Work with the wider Camara Education network to improve the overall financial reporting, management and control of the organisation
● Be an active participant in the global Camara Education finance team
● Ad hoc tasks as may be required by the Country Manager from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
● Qualified/part-qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA) with at least 5 years work experience in a similar role.
● Experience of the Tanzanian tax and regulatory environment.
● Ability to work with competing deadlines.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● Passion for what we do.
How to Apply:
● Send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th October 2018 15:00 Hrs
● Apply only if you meet the required qualification and experience
● Please do not call or send a text message.
ROLE TYPE: Permanent or Fixed Term