Job title: AgileMD Data Coordinator;
Location: Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
Contract: Full time, 4 weeks duration;
Reporting to: MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration Principal Investigator;
Global Programs, in collaboration with Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS),
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) and the University of
California at San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking for a full time AgileMD data coordinator, to be part of a highly
dynamic team working on the new Tanzanian, National Cancer Treatment Guideline. AgileMD, a San
Francisco-based company is well vested in the development and operation of an easy-to-use web-based tools
online distribution of clinical resources. AgileMD builds and manages cloud-hosted software used by hospitals
to deliver higher quality care with fewer resources, and offers a mobile-optimized platform that provides
clinicians fast access to guidelines, protocols, and reference information for point-of-care use. With AgileMD,
health care providers can improve the quality of care, reduce unnecessary utilization, and lower the risk of
The Company will facilitate the hosting and operation of an online platform to be used for dissemination of the
soon to be launched Tanzanian’s National Cancer Treatment Guideline. We are therefore looking for a person
who will work with the MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF team to convert the new Guideline into an online formatted text.
The applicant should be available to start working January 28, 2019. Competent applicants are welcomed to
To perform independently but with specific directions from the UCSF Global Cancer Program team focal
person, the work of adapting a Microsoft Word document of existing treatment guidelines to a mobile-based
format for publication on the web as well as on off-line mobile app. This will require:
1. Brief, 2-3 hours training on AgileMD tools for building online clinical resources.
2. To re-format the existing guidelines for web/app publication, including summarizing and condensing
language when possible;
3. To use AgileMD’s web-based tools for uploading text and images and formatting for ease of use.
4. To recommend and execute improvements.
- Medical degree (MD) from a reputable institution with working knowledge and experience in cancer
- Master’s degree in oncology (oncology resident) from a reputable institution is an added advantage.
- Excellent organization and communication skills required, with the ability to problem-solve, multi-task,
and work independently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow-through.
- Strong computer skills with the ability and interest to learn and use web-based tools for developing an
online clinical resource, able to manage large database.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and international contacts
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure a successful high quality outcome within a set timeline.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
Attractive remuneration with excellent working environment will be provided to a qualified applicant
Applications are accepted only via email: Info.email@example.com
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Application Documents:
- A cover letter, current resume (CV), copies of degree certificates and list of two professional
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an oral interview.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2019.