The Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA), wishes to announces a call for applications for Undergraduate Scholarship to study at the Kyungdong University, South Korea, commencing in September 2019 for Bachelor’s degree.
B. Scholarship Description:
- Duration: The duration of this Scholarship is 4 years until
completion of the degree programme, subject to
satisfactory performance in each year of study.
- Study Areas: Scholarships are awarded to study Bachelors
degree in Smart Computing, Hotel Management and Business
- Language of Instruction: English
- Scholarships Award:
- Kyungdong University’s scholarships for each selected student will cover the following: –
vTuition fees for all 4 years.
vReturn Air ticket at the beginning and end of every two years;
vProvide Health Insurance per year.
C: Eligibility for the Scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants (citizens and residents) of East Africa Community Partner states (Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and Burundi)
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Be a citizen of and resident in any of the East Africa Community Partner States (Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and Burundi);
- Have completed A-level or Diploma during the 2017or 2018 academic year with good performance.
- Subject areas and combination should include: Mathematics and English;
- Have minimum grade of B in Mathematics and English.
- English Language Requirements: Be proficient in English. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The admission requirement for non-English speakers is the IELTS 5.5 on IBT 71.
- Applicants should not be more than 22 years of age.
D. Application procedure:
Interested applicants should submit either electronically or hard copies of the following documents to IUCEA office in Kampala, Uganda
- Letter of application to the Executive Secretary of IUCEA;
- Completed application form;
- Recent passport – size photograph;
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of two referees. One of these references should be the Head of the School/Institution where the student has completed his/her secondary education/diploma;
- Certified copies of school/diploma certificates and transcripts;
- Certified copy of bio – data page of Passport or copy of National Identity Card.
Note: Candidates who have been awarded certificates by accredited school/Institutions which issued academic documents in languages other than English shall submit English translation of all supporting documents including, but not limited to Transcript and diploma.
Academic levels or equivalence of the qualifications obtained from foreign school/Institutions must be equated by the National Council or Commission for Higher Education in respective Partner State.
Applications should adhere to the following procedures:
- (i)Download the relevant application form from the IUCEA website: . Under the link “Application Form – IUCEA – KDU Scholarships;
- Submit the required documents indicated above;
- The applications should be submitted in hard or electronic copy to the address hereunder.
Deadline for submission
Completed application form and all the above required documents MUST be submitted by 25th March 2019 either electronically as PDF documents (in one folder) or hard copies to IUCEA).
Inter – University Council for East
Kigobe Road, Plot M833, Kyamhogo Area
P.O. Box 7119, Kampala
Republic of Uganda
For inquiries of any additional Information, Please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Head of exchange Linkages and Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Patrick Murenzi, Senior Exchange and Programmes Officer (email@example.com) at IUCEA.