The General Public is hereby informed that, the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) which is the flagship Partnership for Skills in Applied Sciences,
Engineering and Technology (PASET-RSIF) Programme offers Scholarship opportunities to Tanzanians to study various PhD programmes in the RSIF African Host Universities such as Sokoine Uniersity of Agriculture (SUA) and The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Tanzania, University of Gaston Berger (UGB) in Senegal, University Félix Houphouët-Boigny (U-FHB) in Ivory Coast, Kenyatta University (KU) and University of Nairobi (UON) in Kenya, University of Port Harcourt, African University of Science and Technology (AUST) and Bayero University Kano (BUK) in Nigeria, University of Ghana (UG), Ghana, University of Rwanda (UR) in Rwanda. The scholarship focuses on the following programme priority areas.
- ICTs, including big data and artificial intelligence;
- Food security and agribusiness;
- Minerals, mining and materials engineering;
- Energy including renewables; and
- Climate change.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in relevant field of study;
- The Citizens of United Republic of Tanzania willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University; and
- Demonstrate leadership potential, such as community service in areas related to PASET RSIF fields of study.
- NB: Priority will be given to women and existing young academic staff at African Universities
Deadline for online applications: 22nd July 2019 at 5:00pm (GMT).
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
University of Dodoma,
College of Business and Law,
P. O. Box 10,